Death Toll From Enugu-Nike-Opi-Nsukka Road Lone Crash Rises To 17

kpakpandofm
Read Time:1 Minute, 41 Second

Death Toll From Enugu-Nike-Opi-Nsukka Road Lone Crash Rises To 17

Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, said that the death toll from the Enugu-Nike-Opi-Nsukka Road lone accident has risen from 16 to 17, following the death of one of the two rescued victims.

The Police Command in Enugu State earlier confirmed that 16 passengers were burnt beyond recognition in an accident involving a commercial bus along Enugu-Nike-Opi-Nsukka Road on Tuesday.

However, the Sector Commander of FRSC in Enugu State, Mr Adeyemi Sokunbi, has confirmed the death of one of the surviving two persons involved in the accident on Wednesday in Enugu.

Sokunbi said that doctors at the National Orthopedic Hospital, Enugu where the two survivors were rushed to by the FRSC officers, confirmed the death of one of the accident victims.
“The remaining surviving passenger, who had 64 per cent fire burn injury, is stable and responding to treatment.

“FRSC officials are on ground and we have kept a close attention on him even as we pray that the Almighty God grant him quick recovery,” he said.

The sector commander said that the FRSC had taken the deceased to the morgue while trying to make contact with families and friends of those affected in the unfortunate incident.

According to him, from available information got so far on the commercial bus, it was likely that the bus was heading to Abuja and finally Kaduna.

Sokunbi said: “I am making a passionate appeal, which FRSC management had been making for years now, for our people to avoid all forms of night travel.

“While as drivers on the wheel, we should not over-speed, as passengers being conveyed, we all have the responsibility to put the driver in check when he over-speeds.”

An eyewitness, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that the commercial bus driver, driving on high speed lost control and rammed into the fence of Maduka University, Ekwegbe located on the road and burst into flames.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Military court martials 12 personnel over Kaduna bombing killing 85 civilians

The Defence headquarters today said two of it’s officers involved in Tudun Biri mistaken air strike that occurred in Kaduna State leading to killing of over 70 persons are “to face a court martial for acts of ommission or commission with respect to the incident”.Director, Defence Media Operation, Major General […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting