The Federal Government has condemned the two attacks on a residential building in the premises of the Nigerian High Commission in Accra, Ghana, demanding urgent action from the Ghanaian authorities.
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, in a statement on Sunday, described the attacks as criminal and outrageous.
The Minister said that the Federal Government was already engaging with Ghanaian authorities to urgently bring the perpetrators to book and protect the lives of Nigerians in Ghana.
Nigerians in Ghana have in recent times suffered attacks with their property destroyed.
According to report, armed men invaded the Nigerian high commission in Accra, Ghana, on Friday, destroying some apartments under construction, using a bulldozer to demolish the building.
The affected buildings were reportedly being constructed to house staff and visitors.
A Ghanaian businessman had accused the commission of encroaching on his land.
He was said to have visited the place last week, presenting evidence that he is the real owner of the land.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Ghana has apologized to the Nigerian government after the building housing high commission staff was demolished in the early hours of yesterday.
Officials will be visiting the high commission today to access the damage done to the property.
The plot of land in question houses the high commissioners residence and four other buildings
It was Ceded to the Nigerian government in the sixties.
A portion of the land had remained undeveloped until eight years ago when building works began and a Ghanaian business man said he is the legitimate owner
Sometime in 2000, official corespondence was exchanged between Presidents olusegun Obasanjo and jerry Rawlings of Ghana where the issue of ownership was resolved and the sum of fifty million Ghanaian cedis paid.
Building works commenced on a portion of the land after all approvals were sought and obtained from regulatory authorities.