Ogwuaniocha Community In Ogbaru L.G.A. In Anambra Laments Abduction Of Monarch

kpakpandofm
Read Time:2 Minute, 35 Second

  The People of Ogwuaniocha community in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State have called on Governor Willie Obiano to step up action towards the release of  their  abducted traditional ruler, Igwe Oliver Nnaji .

According to the community serious efforts have not been made to secure the release of their traditional ruler

The community, some weeks ago staged a peaceful protest at the Government house and State Judiciary Headquarters, calling on the Governor to rescue the monarch from captivity and declare the abductors wanted.

Addressing journalists  on Friday, the fourth son of the monarch, Prince Onyebuchi Nnaji, described as unbelievable government’s ‘helpless’ disposition towards ensuring quick release of his 71-year old father.

He said, “It’s roughly six weeks my father was kidnapped. Despite several efforts we have made, including petitioning concerned authorities and placing calls on Local government chairman and state CID, nothing has been done. All we keep getting is ‘we are on it.

“I really can’t explain the reason behind government nonchalance. As the community with highest number of oil wells, we contributed immensely in assisting the state become an oil producing state. On his part, the monarch played major role to ensure this dream comes true. He fought for the government, include to  ensuring the community delivered APGA at the last governorship election. Yet we don’t know his present condition, whether he is  alive or not” he said.

He however  linking the abduction to resource control which he alleged the suspected abductors wanted to be in control of the accruable funds.  Nnaji also called  for government’s presence through its security operatives to restore sanity in the community.

“As we speak, there is  a face off between the abductors and the community’s vigilante. The community is more like a desert as residents have fled the town. Other towns are celebrating Christmas while we are being chased away, “he said

Also speaking, President, Ogwuaniocha Youth Association, Mr Uchenna Onyedi, alleged that the gang behind the abduction had been terrorizing people and burning houses unchallenged .

“If this act of negligence continues, we will hold the state government responsible for the ongoing destruction in our community,” he said.

Reacting, Commissioner for Information, Mr. C-Don Adinuba expressed worry over the incident, assuring that efforts were still on to rescue the monarch.

“It’s not right to discuss security measures being taken to trace the royal father’s whereabouts. As an individual, I feel pained by what’s going on in the community. I advise the youths to shun every form of violence as that will only be counter productive.”

On his part, Police spokesperson, Tochukwu Ikenga, assured that no stone would be left unturned to rescue the monarch.

“Search is still ongoing, we have combed all hideouts where we got tip off that he might be kept, but unfortunately, he was not there. But be rest assured that the police are not resting on their oars. No stone would be left unturned to rescue the monarch “he said.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Anambra Governor, Obiano, Approves Appointment Of Members Of State Disability Rights Commission (DRC)

Anambra State governor, Chief Willie Obiano, has approved the appointment of members of the newly established Anambra State A release signed by Chidimma Ajemba, Head of Media, Office of the Governor on Disability Matters, has Barr. Chukwuma B. Ezewuzie, as Chairman of the Commission. Barr. Chinenye Okeke, (Deputy Director representing […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting