Police Threatens To Arrest Ekiti NSCDC Officers Fighting Civilians Im Viral Video

kpakpandofm
Read Time:1 Minute, 46 Second

Police Threatens To Arrest Ekiti NSCDC Officers Fighting Civilians Im Viral Video

Ekiti State Police Command has said that it will investigate what gave rise to NSCDC officers fighting with some civilians, seen in a viral videos circulating on-line.

NSCDC authorities had earlier issued a statement confirming that the officers were assaulted while on lawful duty, but the Ekiti State Police Command said it has resolved to investigate the matter, while the concerned officers would have to answer questions according to the law.

The police position was contained in a statement by its spokesman, DSP, Sunday Abutu, confirming that a formal report had been lodged at its Ikere division.

It reads: ”The attention of Ekiti State Police Command has been drawn to a video going viral on the social media where some security men in black uniform were seen wearing red caps and alleged to be members of the Nigeria Police Force operating in a Sienna Bus with an inscription “CTU NSCDC” wrestling with a set of civilians in Ikere-Ekiti on 1st September,2023.

“The Ekiti State Police Command wishes to state clearly that the security personnel in the video are neither members of the Ekiti State Police Command nor members of the Nigeria Police Force. There is no Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU) deployed by the Force to Ekiti State.

“However, investigation has it that the operatives involved are from Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU) of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), Ekiti State Command.

“It is also imperative to state that the Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU) of the Nigeria Police Force was basically and professionally trained to clamp down on terrorists and as such, can not be seen operating in such manner in any part of Ekiti State.

“It is also worthwhile to inform the general public that the incident has been reported by the victims at llupeju-Ikere Divisional Police Headquarters, lkere-Ekiti, and necessary action is currently being taking to unravel the circumstances. “Members of the public are hereby implored to remain calm as no stone will be left unturned in bringing the perpetrators to justice”.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Tragedy In Bayelsa As Father of six Accidentally Shoots Self Death

Tragedy In Bayelsa As Father of six Accidentally Shoots Self Death A father of six reportedly died after his gun accidentally went off in Oloibiri, Ogbia LGA of Bayelsa State, throwing the community into mourning. Report said the middle-aged man, identified as Mr. Claude Tonworio, a farmer and hunter, had […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting