Sarkin Hausawa debunks alleged killing of herdsmen in Edo

kpakpandofm
Read Time:1 Minute, 33 Second

The Sarkin Hausawa of Edo, Alhaji Adamu Isa, on Thursday, in Benin, debunked the alleged killings of some herdsmen in Benin published in a video circulating on social media.

Isa made the disclosure shortly after a closed-door meeting with Gov. Godwin Obaseki of Edo at Government House, Benin.

He said that theyb discussed the issue of banditry, herders and farmers’ crisis and other security challenges and lies being posted on the social media that some Arewa members were being killed in Edo.

He said that as Sarkin Hausa of Benin, who is the head of all the Arewa communities in Edo, he has not gotten facts about the story been spread on social media. He posited that Edo is a peace loving place.

He said that herders and farmers’ clashes was an old issue in the state, and they have promised to cooperate with the present administration to make sure it was brought down to the barest minimum.

Isa assured that he would do everything, within his power, to assist the government in reducing the current security challenges facing the state.

In his remarks, Gov. Obaseki, said that from all the facts he had gathered, all he was seeing was just a deliberate attempt by misguided people, who were willing to play politics with security in Nigeria.

The governor said that every Local Government must have a committee to deal with herders and farmers crisis, this committee must have a minimum of three representatives from Arewa community, Fulani and other dominant community in the local government.

He said that they will be the representative of traditional institutions and the security agencies, who are supposed to intervene whenever there is a crisis in those areas.

The governor assured that a command and control center had been created to allow members of the Arewa community, with useful information to volunteer such anonymously.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

New Zealand Imposes New Lockdown Restrictions

Report has it that New Zealand is imposing first lockdown restrictions since October on the city of Auckland, its most populous city for three days after three COVID-19 community cases were reported. This was made known by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Sunday. The three cases, confirmed earlier in […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting