Sudan To be Removed From Terrorism List by the United States.

kpakpandofm
Read Time:43 Second
The US leader made the announcement over Twitter [Alex Brandon/AP Photo]

United States President, Donal Trump , said that Sudan will be removed from a United States Blacklist of countries accused of sponsoring terrorism. President Trump made this known on his verified Twitter handle on Monday.

According to Trump, Sudan’s year old transitional government had agreed to pay a 335 million US dollars package to US victims of attacks and their relatives.

This was a welcomed move for Sudanese Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok as Washington had blacklisted Sudan in 1993, accusing the Regime led by Omar al-Bashir of supporting terrorist organizations.

The package will be used to compensate victims and families affected by a series of terrorist attacks including the bombing of US embassies in Tanzania and Kenya in 1998.

It will be recalled that earlier this month, Sudan signed a peace deal with rebels aimed at ending decades of war, in which thousands died.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Victor Ikpeba Calls for Development of Women's Football in Nigeria

Former Super Eagles Striker, Victor Ikpeba , has called for further development of women’s football in Nigeria. Speaking to newsmen, he appreciated the efforts and results gotten from the women football , but also said that there is need to develop the female football . According to the 1997 African […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting