Two students of the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, in Orumba North, killed in cult war rocking the community.

kpakpandofm
Read Time:3 Minute, 18 Second

Two students of the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Orumba North Council Area in Anambra State, were killed on Saturday night, while many others sustained bullet wounds in a cult war rocking the Community.

Reports said there were heavy shootings while heavy police presence failed to douse the tension.

One of the deceased was reportedly shot dead around Eke Market, Oko, opposite J -Mok Fuel Station, while the other was killed at Living Stone Hostel, also in the community.

A member, Oko Community Caretaker Committee, and Secretary, Ifite Oko village General Assembly, Chief Ernest Nwosu, was quoted as confirming that the duo were students of the Federal Polytechnic Oko who did not travel during the COVID-19 lockdown.

One of deceased students was also said to be running a business centre off campus.

The killings are believed to be reprisal attacks following last week murder of another student, an indigene, by cultists.

Chief Nwosu called on the Assistant Inspector General of Police, Zone 13, Anambra and Anambra state Commissioner for Police , CP John Abang, to deploy the Anti cultism Squad and other police teams to help quell the mayhem, adding that residents of the community are now living in fear.

Meanwhile,

The police in Ogun State have issued a stern warning against any plan to cause violence of any sort across the state by members of a notorious cult.

The police command in the state said it had rolled out all in its arsenal to deal decisively with anybody who might try to breach the relative peace being enjoyed by the good people of the state.

The command said the warning followed intelligence reports at its disposal about the planned activities of the cult on
Tuesdya, July 7, 2020.

The police revealed that the cult planned to cause violence across the state and initiate new members.

The statement warning members of the public against the planned activities of the cult as issued by the spokesman of the police command, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, reads:

“Intelligence report at the disposal of Ogun State Police Command revealed that members of notorious cult group are planning to unleash terror and violence on Tuesday 7th of July 2020 across the state in order to mark what they called 7/7 .

“The report further revealed that members of the group are also planning to use the said date to initiate new members into their fold after which they will engage their rival cult group in a supremacy battle which may lead to loss of life and wanton destruction of property.

“In view of this, the command wishes to warn those having such devilish plan to have a rethink and retrace their steps as such move will be met with serious resistance from security agencies.

“To this end, all the command’s tactical squads namely SARS, anti cultists, anti kidnapping as well as all the DPOs and Area Commanders have been put on red alert to nip in the bud any act capable of undermining the security of the state. Anybody who involved him/herself in such act will be made to feel the full weight of the law because the command will not fold its hands while some unscrupulous elements will be making life difficult for law abiding citizens of the state.

“The command is also using this medium to appeal to parents and guardians to warn their wards to stay clear of any unlawful gathering on, before and after the said date to prevent had I known situation.

“Also, hoteliers are with this release warned not to allow their facilities be used for any cult related gathering as the owner of such facility too will be liable for prosecution.

“While assuring members of the public to go about their lawful business without fear of harrasment or intimation, the command has rolled out all in its arsenal to deal decisively with anybody who try to breach the relative peace enjoyed by the good people of the state.”

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

WASSCE 2020: We didn’t issue any timetable, says WAEC

The West African Examination Council has advised Nigerians to disregard the purported timetable for the 2020/2021 West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination timetable circulating online. The Head of Public Affairs, WAEC, Nigeria, Mr Demianus Ojijeogu, told journalists on Sunday that the timetable circulating online was not from the examination body. […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting