Read Time:32 Second


The World Health Organization has said it has not seen any reports of deaths relating to the new Omicron variant of Covid-19.
In a statement on Friday, Dec 4, in Geneva, the WHO spokesman Christian Lindmeier told reporters that despite a growing number of countries registering infections with the new variant, no deaths from the new variant had been reported to the agency even as they continue to collect evidence in the study of the new variant.
Despite the spread of Omicron and its higher transmissibility however, Lindmeier urged people to be mindful of the Delta variant, which still accounts for 99.8 percent of cases.