Read Time:36 Second
The Zamfara Police Command has revealed that terrorists who invaded the Government Girls Science Secondary School Jangebe in Jangebe, Zamfara State abducted 317 schoolgirls.
Abutu Yaro, the Commissioner of Police, Zamfara State gave the figure while speaking with newsmen hours after the abduction on Friday, saying the police got the figures from the principal of the school.
Earlier on Friday Morning, it was reported that gunmen attacked the school, abducting the girls, just a little over a week since over 20 boys; who are yet to be rescued, were abducted in similar fashion in Kagara – Zamfara state.
Yaro further said that said a joint search and rescue operation is underway with a view to rescuing the 317 students kidnapped.