Ex-Presidential Candidate Fined N40m For Seeking To Stop Tinubu’s Inauguration.

kpakpandofm
Read Time:53 Second

The Court of Appeal, Abuja has fined a former presidential candidate, Ambrose Owuru, N40m for filing a frivolous suit seeking to stop the inauguration of the President-elect, Bola Tinubu on May 29.

The Court ordered Owuru to pay the sum of N10m each to President Muhammadu Buhari, the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami; the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and Tinubu.

Justice Jamil Tukur, who read the lead judgment of the three man panel of the court, held that Owuru embarked on a gross abuse of court process by filing a frivolous, suit to provoke the respondents.

The Court of Appeal held that the grievances of Owuru against the 2019 presidential election was not only strange but uncalled for because the grievances had been pursued up to Supreme Court and was dismissed for want of merit.

Justice Tukur said that the action of Owuru to resuscitate the case that died since 2019 at the Supreme Court, was aimed at making the lower courts to go on collision course with supremacy of the Apex Court.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Reps Meet Malami Over Missing $2.4bn Crude Oil Sale

The Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami says so far his office has successfully recovered over one billion dollars ($1bn) for the country. He stated this when he appeared before an ad hoc committee of the House of Representatives which is investigating the alleged missing 2.4 billion dollars […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting