
FIFA says foreign footballers and coaches working at Russian and Ukrainian clubs will be allowed to temporarily break their contracts and move elsewhere due to Russia’s continuing assault on its neighbour.
In a statement on Monday, football’s world governing body said clubs in other countries will be allowed to sign up to two players who had been at clubs in Russia or Ukraine outside of the transfer window. But the moves are only authorised until the end of the season on June 30.Recall that sports bodies have barred Russia from international competition following the invasion of Ukraine and FIFA said the new measures were designed to facilitate the departure of foreign players and coaches from Russia should they wish to leave.
The statement said that foreign players and coaches will have the right to unilaterally suspend their employment contracts until the end of the season in Russia.