About four travellers were reported to have been abducted by suspected gunmen in Anambra State on Sunday.
The Anambra State Police Command has confirmed that its personnel had been deployed to find the kidnappers and rescue the abducted persons.
It was learnt that the hoodlums first burnt the victims’ Hilux vehicle and took them away in their SUV.
The incident happened around 3 pm on Sunday at Nise market in the Awka South local government area, a few kilometres from the Governor’s Lodge at Amawbia.
The suspects were said to have stopped at the arena, and robbed some persons before making away with the SUV.
The operation by the hoodlums, according to a source, lasted for about 30mins.
When contacted, Anambra Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Ikenga Tochukwu, confirmed the incident.
According to him, security operatives are already trailing the hoodlums.
Tochukwu said upon receiving information about the incident, the police commissioner, Echeng Echeng immediately deployed a tactical team to trail the hoodlums.