Association of Resident Doctors Threaten To Embark on Strike

kpakpandofm
Read Time:1 Minute, 15 Second

National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) have threatened to go on a strike if their demands aren’t met by the Nigerian government . Arising from a National executive Council(NEC) meeting that held from 25th July to 30th July in Lafia, Nasarawa state, the president of the association Godiya Ishaya said that the federal and state governments have reneged on agreements made with the doctors in the past.

He said that the NEC shall by the expiration of the two weeks ultimatum, reconvene to review the progress made so far and take further actions for which nationwide industrial harmony may not be guaranteed.

The doctors are also demanding for the immediate implementation and payment of the new hazard allowance and arrears. The association also said that some arrears for 2014, 2015 and 2016 have remained unpaid despite several negotiations with the government. The NEC also demanded for the immediate payment of consequential adjustment of minimum wage to their members who have been deprived of this benefit since it was implemented several years ago. They are also demanding an immediate review of the Consolidated Medical Salary Structure (CONMESS) and other related allowances given the current economic situation in the country.

The association also appealed to the government to increase allocation to the health sector to 15 percent of the national budget as agreed by heads of African countries.

Recall that in 2020, medical practitioners were on strike thrice over demands for allowances for treating Covid-19 patients and an increment in basic salary.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Italian man arrested as video of African migrant beaten to death shocks the nation

On the Foreign Scene Police in Italy has arrested a 32 year old man for the brutal murder of a Nigerian man. According to a video that went viral on Sunday, 39 year old Alika Ogorchukwu was beaten to death by an Italian man identified as Filippo Claudio Ferlazzo in […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting