CSO asks Buhari to sack ministers who withdrew political bids to remain in office

kpakpandofm
Read Time:1 Minute, 10 Second

A civil society organisation (CSO), Network for Best Practice and Integrity in Leadership (NEBPRIL), has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to sack all political appointees who declared intention to leave his government on account of 2023 political ambitions.

The CSO said it would help prevent unnecessary distractions and conflicts of interest in the remaining days of Buhari’s administration.

Some ministers seeking elective offices include Rotimi Amaechi, Godswill Akpabio, Timipre Sylva, Pauline Tallen, Uche Ogah, Ogbonnaya Onu and Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba.

On Wednesday, President Muhammadu Buhari had asked all members of his cabinet seeking elective office to resign on or before May 16.

Following the president’s directive, some ministers had tendered their resignation, while the president, earlier on Friday, met with the outgoing cabinet members.

In a statement on Sunday, NEBPRIL, through its chairman, Victor Ogene, described it as sheer deceit for public officials to play hanky panky with their otherwise positions of trust.

He said that the earlier refusal to resign, or the selfish and shameless withdrawal of resignation and recanting of political ambitions by some of the ministers and other appointees, do not only offend the sensibilities of the people, but it’s also a clear violation of the provisions of the Nigerian constitution.

The group said this must not be allowed to stand, as it would amount to enabling unethical practice, bad behaviour and impunity in the democracy and governance in Nigeria.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Prophet Muhammad did not kill those who insulted him during his lifetime; Islamic cleric, Ahmad Gumi.

Popular Islamic cleric, Ahmad Gumi, has said that Prophet Muhammad did not kill those who insulted him during his lifetime. He made this known during a religious teaching class at the Sultan Bello Mosque, Kaduna, in reaction to the murder of Deborah Samuel student of Shehu Shagari College of Education. […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting