The scheduled arraignment of convicted kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike popularly known as Evans, failed to go on Thursday at the Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja, owing to the absence of his counsel.
Trial judge, Justice Adenike Coker subsequently adjourned till June 13 for the planned arraignment.
Evans and his co-defendant, Joseph Emeka are facing an amended 5-count charge of murder, attempt to kidnap and conspiracy.
They allegedly killed one Peter Nweke on Aug 27, 2013, along Third Avenue, Festac Town, Lagos State.
The duo were also alleged to have killed one Chijioke Ngozi, and attempted to murder and eventually killed the Chairman of the Young Shall Grow Motors, Obianado Vincent.
When the matter came up before Justice Coker on Thursday, the defendants were called into the dock.
However, when the judge asked why they were not represented by a counsel, both men told the court that they were not aware of the arraignment, and expressed doubts as to whether their lawyers were aware.
A Lagos state government counsel, Yusuf Sule who announced their appearance for the prosecution, however, told the court that the counsel representing Evans, who was the first defendant, was aware, and even though he was based in Abuja, Sule told the court that he communicated with him earlier in the morning.