Home Office in threat to deport disabled man to Nigeria after 38 years in UK

kpakpandofm
Read Time:57 Second

A disabled Nigerian man, who has resided in the UK for 38 years, is facing the prospect of being forcibly removed from the country by the Home Office, the Guardian UK reports.

Anthony Olubunmi George, now 61 years old, arrived in the UK at the age of 24 back in 1986, from Nigeria.

Since then, he has remained in the UK and, according to the Guardian, has a clean record with no criminal convictions.

In 2019, he experienced two strokes that had a significant impact on his ability to speak and move.

According to George, he no longer has any immediate relatives residing in Nigeria.

He is said to have faced numerous episodes of homelessness and admitted that he has lost track of the countless friends who have sheltered him over the years.

George has submitted multiple applications for leave to remain in the UK, all of which have been denied by the Home Office, with the most recent rejection occurring on May 7, 2024.

In 2005, his previous solicitors submitted a falsified entry stamp in his passport which has since been reported to the police and the legal regulatory bodies.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

ICC Prosecutor Seeks Arrest Warrant For Netanyahu, Hamas Over ‘War Crimes’.

The prosecutor of the International Criminal Court on Monday applied for arrest warrants against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and top Hamas leaders on suspicion of war crimes and crimes against humanity. Karim Khan said he was seeking warrants against Netanyahu and Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant for crimes including […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting