Lagos Govt Orders Suspension Of Commercial Activities Following Fire Disaster In Dosomu Street Market

kpakpandofm
Read Time:58 Second

Lagos Govt Orders Suspension Of Commercial Activities Following Fire Disaster In Dosomu Street Market

The Lagos State government has ordered the immediate suspension of commercial activities in Dosunmu Street and its environs on Lagos Island following the fire incident that engulfed the area.

The Director, Public Affairs, Central Business Districts, Mr. Seyi Akitoye, announced this in a statement issued on Tuesday.

According to Akitoye, the Special Adviser to the Governor on CBD, Mrs. Bola Olumegbon Lawal, who had been monitoring the fire outbreak in Dosunmu, said the measure became necessary to prevent loss of lives as well as maintain peace and order in the area.

He said Lawal stressed that market women and men in the area should make way for emergency respondents who had timely responded to the incident to effectively perform their duties.

The fire which started in the early hours of Tuesday has already brought down some buildings, while efforts was on-going to check the fire outbreak.

Akintoye hinted that areas affected by the inferno include Dosumu, Nnamdi Azikwe, Moshalashi, Woro Pedro and Obanikoro streets.

Others are Ago Tawa, Idumagbo Avenue, Idumagbo , Ido – Oluwo and Oju Olobun streets.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Peter Obi Mourns Passing Of Ogbonnaya Onu

Peter Obi Mourns Passing Of Ogbonnaya Onu Peter Obi, the Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, has expressed deep sadness at the news of the passing of Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, former Minister of Science and Technology. He described Onu’s death as a significant loss to the nation. Dr. Onu, who […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting