The Lagos State Government says it will commence full enforcement of the removal of stalls under Apongbon Bridge and the setback of the Savage/Elegbata/Bombata drainage channel on Lagos Island on Tuesday.
This move followed the expiration of the 48-hour quit notice issued to the traders last week.
The Lagos State Commissioner for Environment and Water Resources, Tokunbo Wahab, said this while speaking with newsmen at Ebute Ero after an inspection tour of the Savage/Elegbata Bombata Drainage channel around Olowogbowo/ Apongbon axis in Lagos Island.
Wahab explained that the Lagos State officials repeated the tour to ascertain the level of compliance by traders operating on drainage channel setbacks with the quit notice issued to them.
He further stated that the Lagos State Parks and Gardens Agency (LASPARK) would take over the space immediately for sustenance and beautification.