
Report has it that New Zealand is imposing first lockdown restrictions since October on the city of Auckland, its most populous city for three days after three COVID-19 community cases were reported.
This was made known by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Sunday.
The three cases, confirmed earlier in the day by the health ministry, were from the same household in South Auckland.
Currently, all the patients are in quarantine.
According to the Prime Minister, as of 11:59 p.m. Sunday Feb. 14, Auckland will move to (Alert) Level 3 for a period of three days until midnight on Wednesday.
The rest of New Zealand will move to Level 2 for the same period of time. Prime Minister Ardern, also told reporters, that the decision will be reviewed on a 24-hour basis.
According to report, since the outbreak of the pandemic, the country has confirmed a total of 2,330 cases, including 2,258 recoveries and 25 fatalities.
There are currently 47 active cases in New Zealand.