Nigerian govt attacks CNN over Lekki shooting report

kpakpandofm
Read Time:46 Second

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed on Thursday reacted to an investigative report on the October 20 Lekki shootings published by US-based media giant, CNN.

Mohammed described the report as one-dimensional and lacking in balance.

He also validated a report done by the BBC, which he claimed was based more on facts.

The Minister added that CNN should be sanctioned for misinformation and irresponsible reporting.

He referred to previous reports done by CNN which lacked balance while insisting that the military fired blank bullets into the air and not at the crowd.

He urged that persons who have alleged massacres, as well as relatives with missing family members, report at the judicial panel to lay official complaints.

He also said the CNN report conveniently excluded the looting, violence by citizens, 269 private facilities burnt and looted, 243 govt facilities vandalised.

Security agents, he said, deserve commendation and not condemnation.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Guardiola Signs New Contract To Stay At Manchester City Until 2023

Pep Guardiola has ended speculation over his Manchester City future after signing a new two-year contract extension on Thursday. Guardiola was due to be out of contract at the end of this season and it had been suggested the Spaniard might be ready to leave City. But the 49-year-old has […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting