
On Foreign News,
Israel struck Hezbollah targets near the city of Baalbek today, killing two group members.
The Israeli army said the strikes targeted Hezbollah air defence systems in retaliation for the Iran-backed group downing one of its drones in south Lebanon earlier today.
Hezbollah later announced two of its fighters had been killed by Israeli fire, with a source close to the group confirming they were killed in the Baalbek strikes.
The Israeli army said it struck Hezbollah “aerial defence” sites in the Bekaa valley in response “to the launch of a surface-to-air missile” which downed the Israeli drone.
It was the first Israeli attack on Hezbollah outside Lebanon’s south since war erupted on October 7 between Israel and Palestinian militant group Hamas, a Hezbollah ally.
On Sunday, Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant said there would be no let up in Israeli action against Hezbollah, even if a ceasefire and hostage deal were secured in Gaza.
While Hezbollah has said it will stop launching attacks on Israel if the Israeli military stops its Gaza offensive.
At least 280 people have been killed on the Lebanese side since fighting erupted, most of them Hezbollah fighters but also including 44 civilians, according to an AFP tally.
On the Israeli side, 10 soldiers and six civilians have been killed, according to the Israeli army.