Police in Ondo State have denied rumours making the round that the suspected terrorists, who attacked Owo Catholic Church, have been apprehended.
Rumours filtered into town on Thursday evening that the perpetrators of the terror attack were nabbed by the combined team of the Nigerian Army, Amotekun Corps and other security agents.
A viral video circulated online indicated that those who perpetrated the terror attack had been arrested.
It was gathered that residents of Owo town besieged the palace of the Olowo, Oba Ajibade Ogunoye, to confirm the news of the purported arrest of the suspects on Thursday evening.
Oba Ogunoye, who addressed the crowd in Owo dialect, said he only heard about the news just the way the residents heard it and asked them to remain calm.
According to the Police Public Relations Officer in Ondo State, SP Funmilayo Odunlami,denied the rumour, saying she could not confirm the arrest of the attackers.
Also, a source from Nigeria Army, 32 Artillery Bridgade, Akure, who didn’t want his name mentioned, said emphatically that the perpetrators of the Owo attack had not be arrested.
He said security agents only arrested people caught with Indian hemp.