Plans to unleash terror in the State uncovered by the Anambra State Government

kpakpandofm
Read Time:2 Minute, 21 Second

Anambra State Government says it has uncovered alleged plans by the Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria (RTEAN) to unleash terror in the State by a forceful ‘take over’ of transport activities in the State this month.

It warned that the planned action would result in violent clashes with existing structures and operators of public transport schemes with its adverse implications on the security existing in the State.

Disclosing this in Awka,  Secretary to Anambra State Government, Professor Solo Chukwulobelu, said  the government restated its earlier ban on the activities of said RTEAN in the State, and directed security agencies to take urgent measures to stop the planned mayhem by the group.

 He restated State Government earlier ban on the activities of RTEAN in the State, adding that in view of this, and in line with resolutions of the State Executive Council reached on 24th February 2016, Governor Willie Obiano, reiterated Government position banning RTEAN activities in Anambra State accordingly.

Professor Chukwulobelu emphasised that for the avoidance of doubt, RTEAN is not authorised to operate in Anambra State, has no relationship or recognition whatsoever with the State and will not be allowed to threaten the security of the State.

also

The Anambra State Commissioner for Transport, Dr Christian Madubuko, has disbanded a traffic agency in the state named after the state governor, Willie Obiano

The agency code-named Willie Work Force, it was gathered, was disbanded

through an announcement by the Commissioner last week.

The Commissioner accused workers of the agency of extortion, disrespect and conduct likely to put the name of the governor, the state government and All Progressives Grand Alliance in disrepute.

Consequently, no fewer than 161 workers in the

agency’s employ were sacked.

Reacting to the development, a coalition of five civil society groups in the South-East described the development as unfair and unfortunate.

They appealed to the governor to rescind the decision.

The group, under the aegis of Civil Society for Equity, said the 161 of the outfit had been thrown out of job by the government’s decision.

The group in a statement after an emergency meeting in Onitsha on Sunday, said the workers were not given fair hearing.

They dismissed allegations contained in the satatement by the Commissioner for Transport, saying the Ministry deceived the governor with lies against WFF officers and men in order to achieve selfish aims of removing its commander, Mr. Obinna Ajaebgu.

The group also called on Anambra State House of Assembly probing the disagreement between the Commander of WWF, Mr Ajaegbu and the State Commissioner of Transport to ensure that justice was done.

The group described the probe into the disagreement as a test case for the state lawmakers, as it will determine their integrity and whether they are really representatives of the electorate.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) threatens to embark on an indefinite strike if the government fails to resolve issues

Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) have threatened to embark on an indefinite strike if the government fails to resolve issues revolving around the welfare and safety of its members. The NARD accused Federal Government of paying lip service to the welfare of health workers, especially as it concerns the […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting