Borno Govt. Commences Water Decontamination Process Following Flood Disaster
Borno State government has embarked on decontamination of water in the city, as Maiduguri flood water gradually recedes.
The State Commissioner for Information and Internal Strategy, Prof. Usman Tar, who disclosed this in Maiduguri on Friday, said the exercise aims at reducing the risk of diseases.
“We are taking measures to decontaminate the water and to reduce the risk of diseases,” he said.
The Commissioner also informed that some corpses had been evacuated, and advised the public to be careful and desist from consuming dirty water.
He further urged the people to report any case of disease outbreak or infection to relevant authorities.
“We are setting up medical centres in the camps too, for quick response to public health challenges.
“I want to appeal to the public to continue to remain calm and peaceful as government and other stakeholders are working towards ensuring their safety and welfare,” Tar said.
Meanwhile, different personalities are thronging Maiduguri to sympathize with government and residents.
Among the visitors are the Nigerian Governors’ Forum led by its Chairman, Kwara’s Abdulrahman Abdulrazak, APC National Chairman Abdullahi Ganduje, National Security Adviser, Malam Nuhu Ribadu, Ministers and Senators.