Church Says Ransom Was Paid For Release Of Kidnapped Members

kpakpandofm
Read Time:1 Minute, 15 Second

Church Says Ransom Was Paid For Release Of Kidnapped Members

The Baptist Conference in Osun said that N10 million ransom was paid for the release of four members of the church kidnapped on January 11 and January 16.

Two of the victims were kidnapped on January 11, and N6 million had to be paid to secure their release.

The kidnappers, however, held the two farmers who took the ransom to them in Ileogbo town on January 16, demanding for more money.

“The church said in a letter to Governor Ademola Adeleke on Friday, that the remaining two victims were also released.

The letter, signed by President and Chairman of Osun Baptist Conference,  Rev. Paul Kolawole and Rev. Sunday Ogundijo,  appreciated the governor for the role he played in the release of the victims.

“On behalf of the Osun Baptist Conference, the Nigerian Baptist Convention and the entire Iwo Baptist Community, we write to sincerely appreciate your Excellency on the vital roles you played towards the rescue of four of our people who were kidnapped between January 11 and 16, 2023.

“We will like to inform your Excellency that two people were released on Tuesday, while the last two were just released today, Friday January 20, even though with cumulative payment of ransom of N10 million,” they said in the letter.

The Police spokesperson in the state,  SP Yemisi Opalola, in a Press briefing, confirmed the release of the kidnapped victims but did not say if ransom was paid.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Anambra Govt, Police Deny Reports That Unizik Students Were Raped By Gunmen

Anambra Govt, Police Deny Reports That Unizik Students Were Raped By Gunmen Anambra State government and the State Police Command have denied reports that female students of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, were raped by gunmen. It had earlier been reported that gunmen who invaded off campus hostels in Ifite, raped […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting