

Workers of the Nigerian Railway Corporation have suspended a three-day warning strike which commenced on Thursday, following resolutions reached between the Nigeria Union of Railwaymen and officials of the Federal Ministry of Transportation.
The workers had embarked on the strike and shut down passenger and cargo train services over demands for better welfare.
Speaking to the media on Friday however, the President of the Nigeria Union of Railway workers, Innocent Ajiji, said the strike was suspended after reaching various agreements with officials of the transportation ministry, and workers had been told to resume work.
He also stated that it had been agreed that no member of staff will be victimised as a result of his/her participation in the three-day industrial action.