FG repairs vandalised Second Niger Bridge, tightens security

kpakpandofm
Read Time:1 Minute, 12 Second

The Federal Ministry of Works has fixed the vandalised railings and expansion joints used to absorb the thermal expansions at the Second Niger Bridge.

Uchenna Orji, the Special Adviser on Media to the Minister of Works, Dave Umahi, disclosed this to our correspondent today.

Orji said the vandalised sections of the bridge were fixed on Sunday.

He added that the Federal Ministry of Works is working with the police and other security agencies to tighten security stop vandalism on the bridge and save the “superstructure” from further damage.

This is following a video that circulated on social media last Monday showing how some rail fittings and expansion joints installed on the bridge were uprooted and vandalised by suspected vandals.

Sharing the video last Monday, a popular social media user, Lord Zeus, stood on the bridge, while advising drivers to be cautious of the uprooted joints, especially at night.

The minister of works had expressed deep shock over the development, lamenting that reports of vandalism were still being recorded, despite the presence of the private security outfit deployed by the Federal Ministry of Works to man the area.

He said the ministry would not tolerate any vandalism on public infrastructure, adding that security measures had been put in place on the bridge to allow for quick response to incidents of vandalism.
Last week, the Delta State police command dispatched a team of policemen to the vandalised section of the Second Niger Bridge.

0 0
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

ALGON rejects N62,000 minimum wage

As the minimum wage discussion is ongoing, the Association of Local Government of Nigeria (ALGON) today declared that local councils cannot afford to pay the proposed N62, 000 as new minimum wage citing a meagre allocation coming from the Federation Account as a major factor responsible for their rejection. National […]

Subscribe US Now

Free Shoutcast HostingRadio Stream Hosting